Terms and Conditions
The Floyd County Public Library (“FCPL” or the “Library”) has created and maintains www.fclib.org in order to make information about its programs, collections and resources available to the public via the internet. By using the FCPL Website and their content, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may change from time to time, and we encourage you to review them periodically. Your continued use of the FCPL Website indicates your acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
As between you and FCPL, FCPL owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and all the content (including, for example, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, software, etc.), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the FCPL Website, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on such websites, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the FCPL Websites does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on these websites.
Use of Content From FCPL Website
The Library encourages its patrons to use materials from the FCPL Website, provided that you follow these guidelines:
1. Low Resolution Files (Only Non-Commercial Uses Allowed). Materials downloaded from the FCPL Website may only be used for personal, educational, or research purposes. They may not be used for commercial purposes.
2. You Are Responsible For Obtaining Necessary Permissions. The FCPL Website contains a wide range of content. They contain materials that are in the public domain as well as materials that are protected by copyright. In cases where materials on the FCPL Website are protected by third party rights, you are responsible for clearing the necessary rights in order to use the materials in question. For example, if you want to download a photo that is still protected by copyright for use in a research paper, you must determine whether your proposed use requires consent from the copyright holder, and, if so, you must secure the permission of the copyright holder. In some cases, you may also need to secure the consent of people who appear in photographs in our collections.
Because the Library’s collections are vast, we are not in a position to provide advice to patrons about which materials are protected by third party rights and which materials may be used freely. The following website has information about copyright, fair use and other related topics which may be useful: http://www.copyright.gov/.
It is your obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials from the Library’s collections. You are solely responsible for determining whether the use of any digital object requires the permission of any other person or entity, and you are responsible for paying any associated fees. If you have questions about the legal issues surrounding the use of digital objects you should contact your attorney.
3. Credit FCPL When You Use Materials From Our Website. If you use material from our website online, we ask that you credit the Library by linking directly via the URL on which the material is found. If you use material from our website offline, we ask that you credit the Library as follows: “Courtesy of The Floyd County Public Library. www.fclib.org
Contacting FCPL If Your Material Should Not Be On Our Website
In order to make its collections available to the widest audience possible, the Library has placed photographs of items from our collections online. In each instance, we have tried to make sure that we have secured all necessary rights. If you believe that we have made a mistake, please contact us so that we can correct the oversight.
Patron-Generated Content / Blogs
Occasionally, the FCPL Website allows users to make comments on its Blogs. We reserve the right to remove comments that we feel inappropriate.
Linked Internet Sites
1. FCPL is not responsible for the content available on any other Internet site that is linked to this site. Access to any other Internet site is at the user’s own risk.
2. Some pages on the FCPL Website include links to other websites. The Library has not reviewed all of these websites and is not responsible for the content of these websites. The Library provides these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site by the Library.
1. All materials on the FCPL Website are provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. The Library assumes no responsibility for damage to your computer or other property resulting from your use of the FCPL Website. You understand and agree that any downloading or obtaining of material or data through the FCPL Website is done at your own risk. In addition, we disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, reliability, and legality of materials found on the FCPL Website.
2. The Library offers access to a broad range of information and materials, including certain materials that may contain offensive language or negative stereotypes. You should view such materials in the historical context in which they were created. All historical media are presented as specific, original artifacts, without further enhancement to their appearance or quality, as a record of the era in which they were produced.